LAGOS MARATHON: Lagos Marathon kickstarts tomorrow morning and Some roads in Lagos State have been marked to be closed down as the Lagos Marathon kicks off on February 2 , Consumer News authoritatively gathered. The roads will be locked down so as to provide safety for all those who will participate in the marathon.
However, the organisers and their partners of this yearly events have provided alternatives routes for easy movement of traffics in Lagos metropolis. Alternative roots provided for all those who might wish to join the runners at the Eko Atlantic finish line are as follows:
All vehicles from Ikeja and environs headed to Victoria Island MUST go through Ikorodu Road.
· All vehicles from Badagry, Mile 2 and environs going to Victoria Island MUST go through Apapa and Orile to link the Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.
· Residents of Lagos Mainland, Surulere and environs MUST avoid Masha Area and National Stadium but can link Victoria Island through Iponri/Iganmu, Eko Bridge then unto Victoria Island.
· Vehicles coming from Ibadan, Mowe and environs can link Victoria Island through Ojota, Ikorodu Road, Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.
· Vechicles from Okota MUST go through Mile 2 to Orile, Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.
· Vehicle from Sango-Otta going to Victoria Island MUST go through Mushin, Funso Williams Avenue (Western Avenue), Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.
· Vehicles Coming from Epe, Ajah, Lekki and environs must use the Alternative Route to Victoria Island. Ikoyi residents going to the mainland can use the Alfred Rewane (Kingsway Road) link to Osborne then to the Mainland.
THE FOLLOWING ROADS WILL BE TOTALLY OR PARTIALL CLOSED DURING LAGOS MARATHON
A. Total closure of the Third Mainland Bridge from 6.45am to 2pm
B. Alaka Road Service lane will be closed from 5.00am to 7.30am
C. National Stadium to Ojuelegba, Dormanlong Bridge. Onipanu Obanikoro and Anthony will be closed from 6.00am to 8.00am
D. From Anthony ,Charley Boy Bus Stop to Oworoshoki Will be closed from 6.30am to 8.30am
From Adekunle Junction linking the Third Mainland Bridge will be closed from 7.00am to 2pm.